Pet Insurance with DoggieTheApp & Toffee Insurance
Powered by Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Coverage can be given to domesticated pet dogs which are at least 90 days of age old to below mentioned ages and belonging to below mentioned breeds. It cannot be issued to dog breeders.
DOG BREEDS: Pets of Indigenous Origin, Cross-bred and Exotic breeds are covered under the policy
Entry Age: 3 months onwards till age of 4 years for Giant breeds and 7 years for Small, Medium and Large breeds
Exit Age: 10 years for Small, Medium and Large breeds and till the age of 6 years for Giant breeds
Color Photographs of the dog from all sides with newspaper of Proposal date in same frame (Front, Back, Right, Left, Top) OR Color Photo of Microchip / RFID Tagging with the Identification Number clearly visible.
- FREE COVERAGE with DoggieTheApp:
2.a SURGERY EXPENSES
Scope of Cover - Insurer shall indemnify you for surgical expenses incurred by you for treatment of your dog under this policy, and which is carried out by a vet at his/her veterinary clinic and/or veterinary hospital, necessitated by an accident/ illness occurring to your dog during the policy period subject to the maximum of INR 50000.
Pre-Surgery Expenses - The Medical and/or Diagnostic Expenses incurred during the last 7 days immediately before the surgery are covered under this Section, provided that: Such costs were incurred for the same illness/injury for which subsequent surgery was required, and we have accepted the surgery claim. We shall pay for the expenses within the Sum Insured limit of INR 50000 applicable to Surgery Expenses.
Post-Surgery Expenses - The Medical Expenses incurred during the first 15 days immediately after the surgery are covered under this Section, provided that: Such costs are incurred in respect of the same illness/injury for which the preceding surgery was required, and we have accepted the surgery claim. We shall pay for the expenses within the Sum Insured limit of INR 50000 applicable to Surgery Expenses.
Specific Exclusions applicable to Surgery Expenses:
Insurer will not indemnify you under this section for the cost incurred in relation of the following:
- Any surgeries which are not necessitated due to any accident/illness
- Any surgeries done to cure congenital defects/deformities
- Cataract Surgeries for Giant breeds over 5 years of age and for all other breeds over 7 years of age. (Can be covered in Plan B)
- Any surgeries related to procedures like hysterectomy, spaying and castration unless medically required due to an illness/accident
- Any surgery done in relation to pregnancy or whelping.
- Dental Surgery not arising out of an accident
- Any surgery done in relation to Grooming
- Cosmetic, aesthetic or elective surgery including tail docking, declawing, removal of eyelashes, cropping of ears or any other procedure not related to illness or injury.
- Any surgeries for removal of any abnormal growth such as a wart or an abscess
- Any surgeries related to skin diseases
- Any experimental surgeries
- Cost of artificial body parts and/or prosthesis.
- Any expenses which can be covered under Hospitalisation.
2.b Accident and Fracture
The Insurer shall indemnify the Insured for the Medical Expenses incurred by him/her in event of a fracture of any limbs of the Insured dog under this Policy and which does not require Surgery subject to a maximum of INR 5000.
Scope of Cover - Insurer shall indemnify you for all reasonable and customary charges made for in-patient treatment for an illness or accidental injury to your dog, carried out in a Veterinary Hospital and necessitated by an incident occurring to your dog during the Policy Period subject to the maximum of INR 2500 per day of hospitalisation. Insurer's maximum liability is restricted to INR 10000 per Policy year.
Specific Exclusions applicable to Hospitalisation:
Insurer will not pay any amounts under Hospitalisation for:
- The cost of dental treatment unless the treatment relates to an injury.
- Any claim arising from skin related treatments.
- Any claim arising from expenses incurred for vaccination and micro-chipping, other than the cost of treating any complications that arise from this procedure.
- Any claim arising from expenses incurred for spaying (including spaying following a false pregnancy) or castration, unless: a. The procedure is carried out when your dog is suffering from an injury or illness and the procedure is essential to treat the injury or illness b. The costs claimed are for the treatment of complications arising from this procedure.
- Any claim arising from expenses incurred in connection with breeding, pregnancy or giving birth.
- Any non-medical cost incurred by you for your dog.
- The cost of any elective treatment, any preventive treatment or any treatment that you choose to have carried out that is not directly related to an injury or illness, including any complications that arise.
- Any claim arising from expenses incurred for congenital defects or abnormalities where clinical sign(s) were apparent prior to the effective date of the policy or that became apparent during the first fourteen (14) days prior to the commencement date of this policy;
- Any claim arising from expenses incurred for treatment of illness or injury arising out of:
- Racing; b. Coursing; c. Commercial guarding; d. Organized fighting; or e. Any other occupational, professional or business uses of your dog;
- Any claim arising from expenses incurred for treatment of an intentional injury or condition as a result of abuse (including persistent neglect) of your dog, by you or a member of your household;
- Costs or fees for treatment of an illness or injury for which you were advised prior to commencement of the policy by a vet to take preventive measures and you did not do so.
Co-Pay - A co-pay of 10% is applicable under this insurance cover on each and every claim.
For more details and additional cover options, download the insurance offer document HERE.